Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waldorf Red Velvet Cake

Waldorf Red Velvet Cupcakes
My husband was so excited when I told him
that me and our daughter were going to make
his grandma's Waldorf Red Velvet Cake only
we made cupcakes for portion control... lol
His grandma would bake cakes
everytime she would visit and
freeze them for when they would visit her.
The baby holding the recipe for us.
Playing with measuring cups and teaspoons.
Here is the recipe with her name next to it.
There are many steps to this recipe and the first
thing you do is cook the flour and milk together
on the stove until it is thick. 
Then put in the refrigerator until
 the cupcakes are done.
Here is what they look like before they bake.
Baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Done baking.
Mixing the butter, sugar and vanilla then the blob
on the right is the milk/flour mixture.

Frosting is a cream color
because of the 1 cup of butter.
Our daughter piped on some of the frosting.
I believe he was thinking about his grandma.
I believe she just wanted a bite.
And all she got was the wrapper...lol!!










3 comments:

  1. Red Velvet is my favorite. Your husband looks so happy! They look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMM! This kitchen challenged girl is gonna try these since desserts are my favorite thing to make and eat.

    ReplyDelete