Monday, April 11, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

While I was baking these muffins, which I converted from a Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe. 
 My 21 year old son walked in the kitchen and asked me what I was baking.  I told him "Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes" Oops!  I think, I thought, if I told him that they were cupcakes, he would want to eat them.  Instead he said "Why can't you just make plain vanilla cupcakes."  I guess he's afraid of a little fruit.

Lemon Blueberry Muffins Bake at 350 degrees Makes 8

6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (room temp)
3/4 c. granulated white sugar
2 lg. eggs (mix in one at a time)
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. milk
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Mix these ingredients then add:

1 1/2 all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix until combined then add
1 c. blueberries ( I added to the top, next time I will push them inside.)

Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.  Fill each liner 2/3 full.  Bake for 20-25 minutes


Lemon Glaze

 cook in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved
1/4 c. granulated white sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

While muffins are warm poke holes with a toothpick and brush glaze on top.

2 comments:

  1. you had me at "lemon blueberry"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish. I am going to save this one and make for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete