Friday, January 27, 2012

Oreo Milkshake Cupcake

Taking these cupcakes to my daughter for her birthday.
Open to see why its called Oreo Milkshake Cupcake.

Oreo baked on the bottom.  I saw a cookie and creme cupcake and
a milkshake cupcake and combined the too. 
You will need 25 oreos.

Cupcake:
1 box white cake mix
1 stick butter melted and cooled (about 3-5 minutes)
1 c. water
3 eggs
Mix all ingredients on low for 1 minute.  And then  on high speed for one minute. 
Place oreo in the bottom of each liner and fill to 2/3 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Filling:
2-7 oz. jars of marshmellow creme
1 stick of butter softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 and  1/2 c. powdered sugar.
Mix together everything except powdered sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. 
Add sugar and mix on high for 1 minute.  I finely crushed 1 oreo to mix with the filling.
 I used a piping bag with a large opened metal tip to inject the filling in each cupcake.

I cheated a bit on the frosting because
I wanted to make sure the frosting stayed set for the long drive.

Topping:
4 cans of Betty Crocker frosting.
I used the same metal tip and piped on the frosting.
Add sprinkles and a red sixlet candy.
I bought the very thin straws at the 99 cent store and cut them to size.

This recipe made 24 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment